If you’re thinking about remodeling your home, you’re not alone! Residential remodeling jobs are hands-down some of the most popular projects homeowners choose to tackle, and professional remodeling & reconstruction companies like Century Construction in Magnolia certainly have the experience and expertise you need to get it done! Professional construction and reconstruction contractors can make your dream home a reality.
The first thing we suggest is to go with what you like. If you aren’t quite sure, here are some of today’s popular trends … maybe of which we suspect will stick around for a bit longer, making them a good investment today:
- Quartz countertops. These are still a small part of the countertop market share, but the demand is certainly growing! Don’t worry, though, the more traditional granite option is still going strong, too, and remains widely used thanks to its beautiful look and durability.
- Single basin/farmhouse-type sinks. Believe it or not, this year there has been an uptick in customers wanting a single-basic kitchen sink.
- Exotic, dark wood flooring. Essentially people are going for light countertops and cabinets; and a contrasting dark flood. This trend has been around for nearly a decade now, and is a beautiful and classic look, especially against well-accented countertops and cabinets throughout the space.
- Gray is the new white. Seriously. For cabinets, floors, walls, you name it. Gray is in.
- Outdoor kitchens. This is obviously a pretty pricey addition during a kitchen remodel. However, the weather in Magnolia is perfect for an outdoor kitchen and living space – especially if it’s designed and built correctly to ensure nice airflow and shade from the sun. If you enjoy spending time outside, it might be a good investment for you and your home and would offer a whole lot of resale value.
- Open shelving. It can be tempting to have open shelves due to the convenience of being able to see everything and have everything in arms-reach without opening or closing cabinet doors. It’s a move toward embracing functionality in our increasingly busy lives. However, keep in mind that open shelves require some dedicated organization skills and routing dusting.
- Open floor plans. While not a new trend, we certainly don’t see this trend disappearing or fading anytime soon. If you’re dreaming of opening up your space, you can probably rest easy that it will be on-trend for some years to come.
- Freezer-on-the-Bottom Refrigerators. Those old side-by-sides have faded quickly in popularity. More and more homeowners are opting to get away from the side-by-side fridge/freezer and go for the newer freezer-on-the-bottom style for functionality and space reasons.
- Wine coolers. Need we say more! Wine coolers are becoming a more popular accessory in upscale homes. Feel this is a little too pricey? A simple wine rack is a great addition instead!
- Technology. This is for some people and not for others, but with innovations in technology, adding something like auto-on/off sink faucets can be a great addition!
DIY projects are popular today, but doing a residential remodeling or reconstruction job without licensed professionals with training and experience is not the best course of action. There are many safety hazards that come with these jobs and a professional remodeling team like Century Construction Services can offer expert advice and opinion in situations you may not think about. The pros are going to understand the best way to work with your budget to get the job done as soon as they can without cutting corners.